Friday, February 28, 2014

April showers bring May...KITTENS!

Well, there were flowers, too.  But along with the   lilacs, violets, bluets, forsythia, tulips, and hyacinths, an awful lot of kittens were showing up.  First Mama appeared with four.  Not long after Mama, Blue  dropped by with her brood of four.  But it was Vick that dealt me the most traumatic blow.  When she showed up with her kittens, I nearly wept.  Three of the four kittens were orange.  I've disliked orange cats since a nasty encounter with Old Ugly, the evil orange cat.  I've got to admit the way each kitten was a different shade of orange was very artistic on Vick's part.  And the little blue and white one guy was absolutely adorable.  

If Possum Lily had kittens, she never brought them around.  Vick kept driving her away.   


Minnie's kittens came last.  She didn't have them off in the woods like the others had.  Instead she selected a box on the big porch for the nursery.  I discovered her in the box with her firstborn a little after noon.  I shut and barricaded the porch door to keep the cats out.  By late afternoon, Minnie had delivered five kittens.

There were now seventeen kittens hanging around.  Mama would soon misplace one and Blue did the same which left fifteen.  Most likely, many of them were females.  Even I could see I had a situation on my hands.



      
       

  











No comments:

Post a Comment