Monday, June 16, 2014

Feed me, dammit!

Tommy, not a Furby
Tommy is a cat of many moods.  The problem is all those moods make him hungry.   If he's happy, he gets hungry.  If he's bored, he gets hungry.  If things don't go his way, he gets hungry.  If there is anything that doesn't make him hungry, well,  I haven't figured it out yet.

I've tried putting him on a diet but that even made him hungry.  His never ending hunger is slimming down the other cats.  He's always occupying the dry food dishes.  I actually have to stand guard over the other cats to keep Tommy away long enough for them to eat.

I had hoped as the weather improved, Tommy would spend more time on the porch and less time eating.  It was a good theory.  But now that Ginger, the injured feral, is residing on the porch, Tommy's stealing her food, too.

The other night, I fell asleep while trying to watch the news.  In my sleep, I heard a strange deep voice say, "Feed me, dammit!"  I woke up and Tommy was sitting on the floor, staring up at me.  I wonder......   



No comments:

Post a Comment