Saturday, May 10, 2014

Living it up--Hotel Catafornia

Welcome to our humble abode, a place where felines outnumber humans.  Still all the residents have things in common.  For example, feline residents like to stalk birds and humans occasionally listen to birds, like Eagles, so we'll call this place the Hotel Catafornia.  All the residents at this hotel are permanent, so there is no caviar or pink champagne on ice.  Still, we do aim to please.  An occasional expensive feline entree supplements the regular fare.  

There are no more dinky little cat beds for these cats because they like their linens freshly washed.  And even more important, they want to sit where ever I'm going to sit.  For a while, my swiveling desk chair was all the rage.  To earn the the privilege of using  my chair, I had to get a couple more chairs and cushion them with fluffy blankets.  Although occasionally they use their chairs, they still prefer mine. 

Lately, some of the feline residents have developed a taste for lounging on sofas.  Unfortunately, there are not enough sofas for all of them and the humans, too.  Still, even if there were enough sofas for each cat, fights would continue to break out.  Everybody always wants to recline in the same place at the same time.  Yes, the guests here tend to be rowdy.

Fresh flowers are often provided for my guests' amusement.  There's nothing as exhilarating as tipping over a vase of flowers and arranging them tastefully all over the counter in artful puddles of water.

All of our catnip and cat grass is organic and locally grown, right on site, actually.  Unfortunately, the guests tend to mow the plants down as fast as I can grow them.

Even the host occasionally needs down time.  I can either choose to recline on a sofa under a pile of cats or sit on the floor.  When I choose the floor, a few of them will join me.  Then I make my move and spring for the sofa where I will soon be resting under a pile of cats.

Would you like your coffee or tea served with cream, sugar, or a sprinkling of cat hair?  And would you prefer to hold your cup or have it knocked into your lap? 

Welcome to the Hotel Catafornia.  It's such a lovely place.  Unless you are allergic to cats. 





No comments:

Post a Comment