Friday, May 16, 2014

The black whole of animal control?

It's been over a month since I trapped a badly wounded Darryl, had him treated at considerable expense by a vet and turned him over to an animal control officer for quarantine.

About ten days after the animal control officer took custody of Darryl, she did bring me back my trap.  At that time, she told me that Darryl was a disagreeable bugger.  I already knew that but was happy to hear he was back to his old self.  She also said he was really entertaining the people at the animal shelter and that he needed a few more days for the wounds to heal.
 That was weeks ago.

I've got to admit it's been fairly peaceful without him hanging around.  And if animal control had found him another home, I wouldn't exactly be heart broken.  Still, I'd really like to know what happened to him. 

Apparently, unless it's to cause trouble, animal control officers make themselves very scarce.  It's almost impossible for the general public to contact these folks.  It is also interesting how "considerate" our "public servants" are to the tax payers that are paying their salaries.

I would think long and hard before turning another animal over to them.  If instead of pesky Darryl, one of my "pets" had disappeared in their custody, I'd really be freaking out.

Another thing that worries me is what if after a couple month's absence, they suddenly drop Darryl back off here to resume his fighting.  Gulp....        



No comments:

Post a Comment