Wednesday, April 2, 2014

For a good time, take Angie to the vet

Good things come in small packages.  Angie may be little but don't let that fool you.  Little Angie is a force to be reckoned with.  When I want to live dangerously or take a walk on the wild side, I take Angie to the vet.  She's also my secret weapon.  When I want to get even with the folks at Golddigger's Animal Hospital, I just bring Angie in for a quick exam. 

Sweet Angie might be little, but she has the voice of an opera singer and if provoked, the temperament to match. To bring Angie to the vet is to provoke her. She's convinced the vet bit her once and no one will ever convince her otherwise.  Angie has made up her mind.

As soon as I wrestle the little wild woman into her carrier, Angie begins to howl at full volume.  As we walk into the vet's office, before we even round the corner, people know we're coming.  I always hear,
   "Lookout!  Angie's coming!"   

Since Golddigger's Animal Hospital is a place of business and the staff has to talk on the phones, they don't leave Angie and me in the waiting room for long.  They quickly usher us into an exam room and shut the doors.  But it doesn't do them any good.  It takes more than a mere door to muffle Angie's music.

I take my little darling out of the carrier and cuddle her until she calms down.  And all is good until a stranger, the technician, enters the room.  Then yowling begins again in full force.  When the tech tries to take Angie to weigh her, little Angie unleashes a mighty torrent of urine.  And while the tech is mopping up, Angie continues to howl.  By now, people are peeking in the window to marvel at Angie's magnificent caterwauling.  Eventually, the vet enters.  The whole time she's examining Angie, Angie continues to howl.  The vet quickly abandons the idea of using her stethoscope. 
And every single time, the same vet asks the same question.  "Goodness!  Is she always like this?  Is she like this at home?"
"Of course not!" I say.  "She is a little sweetheart."  And it's true.  

Angie's last vet visit was a classic.  She really outdid herself.  Somehow, she actually managed to crap in the vet's hand.  I wonder how she's going to top that one.  But I have no doubts my sweet little terror will manage.     
    


No comments:

Post a Comment