Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Q&A -avoiding fashion faux paws

Navigating new trends can be tricky.  But with a little common sense, accessorizing with cat hair is a breeze.  Here a a few questions and answers to steer you in the right direction.

Q: Patti from St. Paul writes:  How many cats do I need to hair cover all the colors in my wardrobe?
 A:  One or two calicoes should do the trick.

Q: Mimi from Miami writes:  Do I have to change cats each season to keep up with the color trends?
A:  Of course not.  Just choose your cat wisely.  One black cat, one white and one orange should get you through any fashion emergency.  Or to keep things simple, get a multicolored cat.  Cats instinctively know how to put white hairs on dark garments and dark hair on light clothes.  And even if the colors don't pop, like with orange on orange, you still have an interesting texture.

Q: Pearl from Peoria writes:  Do I have to use special fabrics to accessorize with cat hair?
A: No.  Cat hair will stick to anything, even bare skin.  My personal favorite is fleece.  The cat hair works right into the fabric and I can never get it all out.  For added texture, let your felines sharpen their claws on and knead the fabric.  Pulls and tears look excellent on silk and knitted items.

Q: Mark from Mansfield writes:  How do I stick the cat hair on?
A: Buddy, get a dog and ride this trend out.

A few readers have offered economical beauty and decorating tips:

Hanah from Hawaii: Dry cat food makes an excellent body scrub.  I use it to keep my skin smooth and ready for the beach.

    
Nancy from Nashville:  I dab a little liquid from cat tuna on all my pulse points for a unique and personalized fragrance.
Nancy, please stay in Nashville.

Bob from Boisie:  At Christmas, instead of stringing up beer cans for decorations, I string up chains of cat food cats.  In the summer, I re-purpose these shiny noisy chains to the garden to keep the crows away from my corn.

And there you have it, folks.  Some handy advice and tips to get you started.  


No comments:

Post a Comment